Jtag emulator xds100v2 usb

where can i find the JTAG EMULATOR XDS100V2 USB ?
this thing will do the work? this is V3 does it matter?
Please can some one help me find aliexpress link to JTAG emulators that can fit to the project ?

Hi Mordy,

I posted something related to this already in august 2020:

Next to this I would like to share with you all that you do not need the expensive Spectrum Digital JTAG emulator. I bought a very cheap XDS100 V2 emulator from ebay for 20 euro that worked fine as well for flashing. I also tried an Olimex XDS100 V2 emulator that costs about 60 euro and also this works well. I guess that would be good to share with other people since it is much cheaper (and maybe they already have one of these emulators at their university or research institute

doing a very quick search on AliExpress will already get you a lot of results:
https://it.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20220314233846&SearchText=xds100v2

Good luck,

Chundri

2 Likes

thank you for your response
i see your post already, i juist needed more guidelines because i dont familiar with this world of jtag.
please help me understand , the XDS100 is a universal chip? and the input sockets is the same for all manufacturers?
please point me one to buy ,because i see the AliExpress XDS100 is cover with case and diffrent shape from this github guide pictures
thank you for your help.

Hi Mordy,

I’ve tried several emulators and all of them worked as long as they had the XDS100 v2 chip…

I’m sorry, but I’m not really an expert on this topic and can only confirm that the 3 different emulators that we had here in the lab all worked…

This included an Olimex one and a cheap version from eBay.

Both of these had the case around it and a different shape, what matters is the XDS100v2 chip for the programming.

So I cannot tell you exactly which one to buy and if you want certainty you need to go with the option provided on Github.

If you want to try for a cheap price then go with one of the options provided on AliExpress.

Thanks,

Chundri

1 Like

We have ordered and tested the Blackhawk USB100v2 JTAG Emulator.
This emulator works fine for flashing the MicroDriver boards.

You can find the ordering information here now…

1 Like