3D Systems Build Tolerances

I sent the following to 3D Systems.

transmission_pulley_ at3_t30_center.STL
upper_leg_structure_ base_200mm.STL

After working with them to get print direction setup they indicated Both parts have under tolerance features that may not build or build fully.

Has anyone else received that feedback from 3D systems?

Hi,

we printed the transmission_pulley_ at3_t30_center.STL with 3D systems. One time it came back okay, the other time we were not able to push the gear through without breaking the part.

The upper_leg_structure_ base_200mm.STL is for Bolt, right? We haven’t printed this one with 3D Systems yet but printed the other shell parts with them without any problems.

Best,
Julian

Just buy a Creality printer. It is easier, cheaper and it will give u better results.
I am building everything with an Ender3 and it is working perfectly.

Thanks Julian. I will give it a shot.

Thanks, I just got a Prusa over the summer and have printed both, was curious to see a comparison. I was having trouble with the bottom side of the shell and getting the inner tolerances of the pulley right. I appreciate the response and am glad to hear you are getting good results.

@Renan_Monteiro_Barbo what material are you printing with on your Ender?

@easybuildtech I use HATCHBOX PLA in theory it should work for everything even the machined parts like the custom shafts and it is one of the cheapest pla.
It is normal to have imperfections and in some cases it is good because it allow to use the tapping tool and insert the helicoil or the threaded inserts.
The challenge for me is customizing the project so it don’t go over USD2,000.00

1 Like