Simple FOC Rosmo ESC

Hi I just spotted your project, you might like the Rosmo FOC Esc we are developing.

It’s designed to be stackable, using the M5stack profile. We’re working on our own ESP32 board where we hope to install MicroROS on. Our use case is a simple diff drive robot, Rosmo, but we’d love to see the components used in other robots.

It’s not tested yet, but the first boards should arrive shortly for testing.

Hello, thanks for sharing this with us !
Unfortunately, your design won’t suite our needs since the MPS6540 driver is limited to 3A, and we drive our motors with higher current. Also, we use optical incremental ABZ encoders instead of SPI ones.

Moreover, we have a new design that will be deployed on odri hardware soon and should fill all our needs: Future Proofing - #3 by thomas.flayols

I’ll add your board to my list of open source motor control boards here: GitHub - thomasfla/PMSM_drivers: list of open source permanent magnet synchronous motor drivers

1 Like

How many amps do you need? There’s a range of boards designed for SimpleFOC up to ~50A ‘Hackjammer’ board although heat management needs consideration.

There’s quite a skilled community here If you did want to collaborate on the board design/ development into the future then developing on an Arduino compatible MCU would enable SimpleFOC to run I think.