Solo12 quadruped robot is available for sale

Hi,

PAL Robotics, in collaboration with the Open Dynamic Robot Initiative, now offers Solo12 robot. The initiative is to make this open-sourced advanced quadruped platform accessible to further promote robotics learning.
Currently, the Solo12 Kit to assemble yourself and Ready-to-Go assembled versions are available with a single procurement procedure. To further support the community, PAL Robotics will designate a percentage of the profits from the sales of Solo12 platforms to the developments of open source projects.

We are excited to be part of this great community.

Best regards,
Luca Marchionni

PAL Robotics

5 Likes

Hello, would you mind disclosing where you are getting your masterboards? Also, would you consider selling a masterboard individually as we are currently incapable of finding one of the chips for it (MAX17502EATB+T)?

Hi,

that is great to hear… We would in general be interested in purchasing some loose components as spare… mainly driverboards, masterboard and motors ie.

Will this be an option that you will consider soon?

Thanks,

Chundri

We are using a company similar to beta-layout, but we are sourcing ourselves difficult components among several distributors. We are aware of scarcity of electronics components and many pcba companies can’t get all the needed components or they offer very long lead times. The supplier we are using at present is https://www.eurocircuits.com/

Hi,

yes it could be an option, please sumbit a request from the form at SOLO 12 Robot Advanced Quadruped Platform

Best regards,
Luca

I am curious, how much would it be and a detailed list of parts.

How can I buy the kit and can I buy it in China? In the website upper, I can not place an order.

Hi Luca,

I’ve sent in the request via the form on the website, but no response yet…
Any news on whether you’ll be selling loose components for spares and repairs?

Thanks,

Chundri

If you are interested please fill the form at the micro site.
The content of the robot package for the assembled unit is this:

The Microstrain IMU is included in the Robot Assembly by default.

@Renan_Monteiro_Barbo or the moment both the kit or the assembled robot pack will have the same parts/products and we’ll also include programmers for master/micro driver boards and the calibration jig.

We are including the 3 different body structure center parts (normal, handle, vicon) and the vicon markers, but we’ll only assemble 1 and leave the other as spare parts for the customers that purchase the assembled version.

1 Like

@Chundri_Boelens I’ll check with my colleagues and let you know asap.
We are also interested in providing spare parts for repairs and individual components.
There is not yet a market place that will allow to choose inividual components or spare parts, at the moment we are mostly focused on producing fully assembled units or kits that customers can then assemble by themselves.

@wesley_gu Yes, we are able to ship to China as well. The purchase process isn’t automated yet, but we are working on it.

Hi Luca,
Are you considering to make and sell “Bolt” robots?
I plan to make a Bolt robot myself, but if you guys plan to do it, I’ll just wait and buy it outright. :smiley:

If you do not have this plan, then I am very much looking forward to ordering Solo’s brushless DC motor from you.

Hi Yuhang,

we have not yet considered selling also “Bolt” robot yet.
If you are interested in core modules for building it, as many of the components are the same of Solo12, PAL Robotics could help making the sourcing easier for you.

Don’t hesitate to ask for quotation or more information.
Best,
Luca

Hi Luca,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I would really like to buy the brushless DC motor, rotary encoder and drive board (including firmware library) for Solo12, that is, the whole actuator part.
However, I have written many emails to PAL Robotics and got no reply.

Does PAL Robotics have any plans to sell actuator components separately, including Micro Driver Boards for motors?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Best,
Yuhang