How much weight can Solo-12 carry?

Hi,

The powerboard as been used for quite some time now in our lab.
https://github.com/open-dynamic-robot-initiative/power-board

However, its main component ( a stm32F103c8t6 MCU ) is almost impossible to get these days, worse, many fake chips which are not 100% compatible exist and are sold instead of the real deal.

Feel free to replicate this board, but pay attention to the chipset you solder on, as I was not able to make it work with non-genuine STM parts.

As this board as not yet been adopted by any user we know of, we are wondering if redesigning the board around another MCU won’t be a better solution (like a widely available MCU such as RP2040 or ESP32).
Because of this I can not guaranty that the board you start assembling now will be the standard in a few months.

In the same time, I don’t have the bandwidth to redesign this board in the short term, and can not tell when / if it will be the case.

I know this might by frustrating,

Another solution is to use an off the shelf board like mjbots power dist board overview - YouTube to safely connect your battery to the robot electronic. Note that this particular board won’t communicate with the masterbord, as we don’t use the same communication buses.

2 Likes