"Plug&Play” ODRI Encoder KIT now available

News:
PWB encoders GmbH is now offering a "Plug&Play” ODRI Encoder KIT which includes the completely pre-assembled motor shaft unit with the high-resolution code wheel, the center pulley and the modified encoder head as an “off-the-shelf-product”.

This kit includes all the machined parts required for the actuator modules – that means that you don’t have to interact with machine shops to build your robot. It also means that all the steps described in the Motor Shaft Preparation Instructions are already taken care of.

Background:
We have been recommending to use a special code wheel from the company PWB encoders GmbH for the ODRI actuator modules. PWB encoders GmbH approached us end of last year because a lot of people from many different countries were ordering this specific product.

PWB encoders GmbH decided to support the ODRI community by offering a Plug&Play Encoder Kit that can be used for all the robots described in our GitHub repository.

Product Flyer “Plug & Play” ODRI Encoder KIT

Left side: Self-made motor shaft assembly
Right side: Motor shaft assembly delivered by PWB encoders GmbH

Center pulleys delivered by PWB encoders GmbH

Upper Leg Module with "Plug&Play” ODRI Encoder KIT

I cannot find the product on their website using the product# or name.

Hi Renan,

it’s not listed on the webpage.

You can send an email to this address and ask for a quote.
info@pwb-encoders.com

Best. Felix

You can find more information and the updated parts list here now:
Actuator Module Core v1.1 Documentation

There is some product and pricing information on the PWB encoders webpage now.

Link - Plug&Play Solution for Open Source Robot Project

1 Like

Hello, I have reached out to them and they’ve told me that they only sell to universities and businesses, is there a mouser/digikey version of this where I can buy freely?

Hello,

yes - you can buy the Encoder Kit from Mouser or Digikey:
Mouser - Ordering Information
Digikey - Ordering Information

You’ll have to disassemble it as described here - Disassembly Instructions.

And you’ll have to modify the codewheel flange as described here - Option A.

Best. Felix