IMU with Solo8 v1

Hi, I know that the IMU has been introduced with the second version of Solo8, but since I’ve just finished building the first version, I was wondering whether there would be an easy way to add the IMU to it without upgrading all the electronics.

Thanks
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

I think the easiest option would be to use an IMU with USB interface and add an USB cable to the robot tether. In the past we have used the 3DM-GX5-25 IMU on the Leg Test Stand.

Best.
Felix

Hi Andrea,

As Felix stated, we have no option to directly plug an IMU on the Ti’s board, so the best option would be to use an IMU directly connected to your control computer.

The good news is that you can use the solo12/bolt IMU 3dm-cx5-25 in USB. The advantage is that later if you plan on using it with a low level access it would be much easier that using a GX version. For info, you can see the pain it was for @ferdinand-wood to interface a GX serie IMU Using IMU Lord Microstrain 3DM-GX4-45 - #4 by ferdinand-wood

1 Like

Thanks for the fast answer. I’m gonna try and buy this 3dm-cx5-25, it’s a bit expansive, but I guess it’ll be worth it.